Heritage Owners Club

NGD: H530- quite charming fellow

MartyGrass

This is a 2009 custom H530. Back then H530s were a new idea, at least for Heritage.

The guitar is basically a H555 with no center block. So it is a true hollowbody. The H576, the Academy, the Prospect and the Roy Clark have partial center blocks, which allows for a stop tailpiece. Some H525s also have a partial block.

The weight of this guy is only 5.9 lbs. The board is ebony and the neck is maple.

Many of you will know who sold it to me by looking at the truss rod cover. He's a great guy to do a transaction with.

The finish is custom and possibly unique. That's what really caught my eye. The label says "translucent cherry to black burst".

Someday I'll take better pix to try to show off how beautiful it is. The color textures are hard to capture with a cell phone.

I'm thinking of getting an ebony pickguard made also.

It plays well, but I haven't plugged it in yet. Having owned a couple of other H530s and an ES-330 before, I've got a pretty good idea of what it will sound like.

One thing is certain, the light weight and good balance is a joy to hold.

20140610_125920_zpsface01b7.jpg20140610_125849_zpse33131ba.jpg20140610_125840_zpsbf7e5fe0.jpg20140610_130005_zps53ab4144.jpg20140610_125940_zps11050c64.jpg

That combination of features makes for an undoubtedly fine and enjoyable Heritage to play.

The P-90s must sing with the hollowbody, but controllable due to it's size/depth and the Maple/ Ebony neck should allow for great note definition.

What a gem! What kind of P-90’s in that beauty?

These are Lollars, and they seem well balanced. The mids are very well represented while maintaining the clarity of single coils.

The pups are shimmed just right, which is not always the case BTW. You can see the shims of different heights under the Lollars in the first pic. Fortunately, the shims are easy to exchange for pup height adjustment.

Archived