Heritage Owners Club

NGD: 18" Johnny Smith

bsck1

Sometimes words are unnecessary.

CE140783-6A9E-4D2E-B19E-8D16F9DC430F_zps

1992 Heritage 18" Johnny Smith

I'm a very lucky man.

Ok, I just have to share. I was privileged to spend a recent day with the Heritage family. They treated me like a VIP. I had the opportunity to thank each for their passion, craftsmanship and inspiration. The works of art we all treasure are made even more precious due to the contributions of every one of them.

7514BD83-AC28-43BC-B225-48760FE9F6F7_zps

I will treasure the memory of that day as much as the instrument itself.

Thank you folks at 225 Parsons Street.

You have a true work of art there. A great example of what can be done by those great people

at 225 Parsons St.. The huge smile on your face tells it all. Congratulations and enjoy!

Well, I have a few words; Wow-de wow. I have more but I'll leave some for those who will no doubt follow.

However, there must be more to the story. '92 guitar, at the factory? How, where, what??

Well, I have a few words; Wow-de wow. I have more but I'll leave some for those who will no doubt follow.

However, there must be more to the story. '92 guitar, at the factory? How, where, what??

David, I'm the 4th curator of this beautiful piece. It was special ordered in 1991 by Don Dean, a Louisville Heritage dealer. Don was an avid 18" collector, with over 20 Super 400s (including Merle Travis' 1959, an American Eagle, and reportedly two of these incredible 18" JS's. He admitted to somewhere north of 200 guitars in his collection.

Marv is checking his records, as he recalls just one 18" being built for Don. After 10 or so years Don sold this guy to a collector in Toledo who stored it carefully for another 10 years, with little or no play time. Our good friend MartyGrass passed it on to me. I intend it to be a long time member of the family.

Let's see a shot from behind! You know, the back side, I'm wondering if she has a bubble butt?

No bubbles, but lots of very pretty lines!

I'm away from the computer, but will post a pic when I get home tonight.

Oh BABY!!! Beautiful.

Congratulations; Play her in good health.

Thanks Gitfiddler!

As I tell my family full of talented people (artists, musicians, photographers and writers) I take snapshots and every once and awhile I get a keeper!

Let's see a shot from behind! You know, the back side, I'm wondering if she has a bubble butt?

Big Bob,

Here's the requested backside perspective!

63FB6646-99BE-4E66-A594-FC965C13C337_zps

Brian, congratulations on such a stunning work of art. I know that you will be a very capable "curator," as you say, for many years to come! Enjoy it, and don't let it sit idle like previous owners did; play her! That's what she wants!!!

• 3 months later...

Archived