Heritage Owners Club

Heritage "California Six"

Vanschoyck

There is no way this guitar is worth that much. Let them keep it and buy a new one for 1/3 of the price. "California 6" me arse. ;^)

Anyone have an inside scoop on these guitars? There's one for sale at the "Amp Shop" in Van Nuys, very pricey too.

http://www.bassexchange.com/heritage-guitar-h15059-special-california-six-custom-p-5145.html

. I wonder if this is a reflection of the new pricing from heritage, or is this one of the custom upgrade models they were talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This dealer has great taste in guitars, especially Heritage. However, with all due respect, their pricing makes one wonder if they have any intention of ever selling this so called "California Six". I'd like to see other dealers that carry this limited edition 150...and what their asking prices are.

Maybe it is a conversation piece or marketing hook. Either way, it lends zero credibility to them when they over hype in this way.

$6,499.99! Really?!

heritage_h150_59_02.jpg

That's what custom shop Gibson are going for. I think the days of 2,700 for a new heritage are over . Used ones are were the deals are .

If you go the go fund me route you can get them for next to nothing!!

You can custom order a special "1 of 1" for yourself and save at least 1/2 that much.

You sure about that DB?

Much of the reading and research I've been doing would dictate otherwise. With the new pricing model in effect I believe those days are over.

As far as this "California Six"? I have no clue and would be interested in hearing if Paul or Guy have any info.

Ok that hurts,,,,, there's a lot going on in my life that forces me to sell what I have left. The purple heritage was my only real guitAr , I went from having few killer heritages to a squire cool vibe strat. I am paying what I can to get her back just thought maybe alittle help from real heritage people as everyone on hear is. Sorry bad move on my part.

Was playing a 59 brockburst last week . My purple 150 played just as well. They had like 6.700$ on it. So Is heritage matching Gibsons pricing so they can finally make money.

This dealer has great taste in guitars, especially Heritage. However, with all due respect, their pricing makes one wonder if they have any intention of ever selling this so called "California Six". I'd like to see other dealers that carry this limited edition 150...and what their asking prices are.

Maybe it is a conversation piece or marketing hook. Either way, it lends zero credibility to them when they over hype in this way.

$6,499.99! Really?!

heritage_h150_59_02.jpg

Yup. Between the "this guitar will make you play better," the "'59 clone" bit, and the price .... I'm left stone cold, or worse.

There's more than enough BS in this post-truth world; I really regret seeing a stinking heap of it in an ad for a Heritage guitar.

calling our dealers to reply to one simple question regarding this axe and listing.

WTF?

Guy? Paul? Jay?

Never heard of this.

Made this year. Looks like one of the H-157W models. Can't be sure.

If it has the Thro-Bak pickups that these guitars are spec'd for that's probably what this is.

I will be talking to Heritage next week and find out.

From The Bass Exchange:

We received several questions about this guitar and what and why it is different and more expensive than H-150 Standard model???
HERITAGE GUITAR H-150/59 SPECIAL CALIFORNIA SIX CUSTOM.
Here are reasons WHY?..... There are several factors together in upgrades materials and Hand made Custom shop six only limited run replicas of the legendary "59 Burst" signed and certified, that set it apart from the average production H-150 guitars advertised online by various shops.
The factory does not offer an H-150 of this caliber and if they were to do so it would be a bit more to produce as a one off.
Custom shop labor and material list;
1. Curly Maple ultra figure select and light weight tone wood. Hand Faded Vintage Burst, Nitro Cellulose Lacquer.
2. Honduran Mahogany Light in weight and color one piece body and one piece neck, Grade one Rosewood fingerboard with figured Mother of Pearl inlays.
2. Vintage correct hardware, electronics and plastics.
3. Hand made to vintage specs, dish top, neck joint and neck specs, including neck and head pitch.
4. Limited Quantity - Six guitars only made, factory owners/ founders signed labels.
The H-150 Special California also compares to other brand replicas listing and selling for much more not made in the historic factory by the iconic builders and without pedigree and provenance. Just think....It is built by crew who built real "holy grail" of original Gibson Les Paul 1959 Sunburst guitars!
HERITAGE GUITAR H-150/59 SPECIAL CALIFORNIA SIX CUSTOM. H150/59
HERITAGE GUITAR H-150/59 SPECIAL CALIFORNIA SIX CUSTOM. For more details and specs click here We received several questions about this guitar and what and why it is different and more expensive than H-150 Standard model??? HERITAGE GUITAR H-150/59 SPECIAL CALIFORNIA SIX CUSTOM. Here a...
  • Shipping Weight: 37lbs
  • Manufactured by: Heritage
2 Units in Stock
$6,499.99

It sounds like a commissioned model, not unlike what Ed Roman did back in the day with His "Class of 59".. It definitely is not a 157W, which are more quilted than this, and had the requisite gold hardware of the 157 with block inlays, not traps.

As for the prices.... looks like MSRP to me, not street pricing.

You sure about that DB?

Much of the reading and research I've been doing would dictate otherwise. With the new pricing model in effect I believe those days are over.

As far as this "California Six"? I have no clue and would be interested in hearing if Paul or Guy have any info.

I'm a 100% Certain.

Sounds like a Gibson custom shop . With a custom shop price so we're does that meen for the run of the mill models . If they go against the giant they will loose. Plus what's the value of this on the used market .

Who are the builders they have down there that were working in '59? That is ridiculous.

What if during the transition and clean up they came upon some old light weight mahogany LP bodies, necks and rosewood boards stashed and forgotten by Gibson. A few years back I saw some old V and Chet bodies so... if Jim and Marv did all the white wood and painting? Just saying. Marv and Jim started in 1956 Ren in 1960.

Archived