Heritage Owners Club

NAMM Updates - More changes in the Heritage product line and pricing... Updates

Millennium Maestro

Nice booth, and dig the Circle H. Makes for a nice tattoo and window decal (hint hint)

and a Boogie combo to play them through....

jus' sayin'

I been threatening to get a Heritage tattoo for a while, now it is sealed and done, a Circle H is to be!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the new logo is a mistake.

They've taken a bit of class away from the brand.

The script logo is my favorite. Maybe if it was smaller. It won't make me order a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of the circle logo at this point. It seems to make the headstock look too tall. Maybe a touch smaller would work better.

The Mille Pro, on the other hand, is spot on! Florentine cutaway, dual f-holes, selector switch moved to the top bout, I like the slightly better upper neck access. If I were looking for a new Heritage, that would probably be the way I would go.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but my understanding about the H headstock is that it is specific to some custom orders, specifically Millieniums. Let's not get our panties in a bunch that the sky is falling. Personally, I don't love it or hate it, but I do like that the new regime is experimenting with some new ideas.

Let's not get our panties in a bunch that the sky is falling. Personally, I don't love it or hate it, but I do like that the new regime is experimenting with some new ideas.

I'll be brief and lay it out straight (pun intended.) The guitars in the pic from NAMM are beautiful, and I agree that most of the design tweaks I see are thoughtful --for example, not just a florentine cutaway, but a really open one. But, the reality is that the new business model completely prices me out of new guitars of this brand, however that brand appears on the headstock.

When I ordered my 535, I could get a new, custom spec'd, Heritage semi for approx. the price at the time of a used 335. Maybe that pricing structure was unsustainable economically on the supply side, but it worked on the demand side, certainly for me. Now, there's not much point in my commenting on the new models --and I'll try to heed that reality going forward-- because the new price/retained-monetary-value ratio(at least as I would predict it) means I'm permanently on the sidelines of this game. YMMV.

Sorry to pile on, but I hate the BIG H circle logo on the headstock. I LOVED it on the shirts from PSP, but not on the headstock. My preference would be bound headstocks with mop script "The Heritage" and maybe the circle H logo on the back of the headstock.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the circle H headstock logo was this...... (and I am not at all a fan).....

reverend%20slingshot%20headstock%201_zps

For me, the classic VSB double cutaway Millie with the bound headstock, MOP script "The Heritage" and diamond MOP inlay is the class of that group. Gorgeous guitar!!!

They look great. Fine looking guitars. Wouldnt mind being among them instead of looking at pics thats for sure.

Put me in the "I fear change" category. I dont like the logo. But I was only vaguely aware of the headstock shape and colour of my H150 when I bought it. Neither had any factor in the purchase. Probaly took about two weeks before I really took in the aesthetics of it.

The logo may be a thing that other people like. I can see that.

I would buy a couple dozen golf balls1 with the circle logo on them. Then I'd proceed to lose them all on some of the finer courses in Mid- and Northern Michigan. They would also need to have the factory website URL on them. Guerrilla marketing.

On a positive note, that Millie DC, bottom row second from left, is beautiful. It makes me miss the one I had and foolishly sold (to someone here...Mark?) years ago. WTF was I thinking?

1Off-Topic: I really like those Nike RZN Red golf balls. Too bad Nike is getting out of the golf business.

Archived