Heritage Owners Club

NAMM Updates - More changes in the Heritage product line and pricing... Updates

Millennium Maestro

Thanks for the sneak peak of the beautiful instruments coming out of 225 Parsons Street.

A good friend once advised those design elements that jump out at you are usually not those that become timeless. It takes awhile to appreciate the form and function of the design. The immediate "wow" factor is often just the reaction to change.

I'm confident we will all find certain elements we like, and some we don't, but in the end our brand continues. To me, that's what matters most.

I wish our Heritage friends, old and new, the best of luck, and look forward to the best to come.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a big fan of the circle logo at this point. It seems to make the headstock look too tall. Maybe a touch smaller would work better.

IMO the headstock looks to tall because IT IS to tall. It's always been my opinion that they could shorten it 3/4" to 1" and correct the awkward look of the headstock.

Thanks for the sneak peak of the beautiful instruments coming out of 225 Parsons Street.

A good friend once advised those design elements that jump out at you are usually not those that become timeless. It takes awhile to appreciate the form and function of the design. The immediate "wow" factor is often just the reaction to change.

I'm confident we will all find certain elements we like, and some we don't, but in the end our brand continues. To me, that's what matters most.

I wish our Heritage friends, old and new, the best of luck, and look forward to the best to come.

That is about as good as you could put it bsck1, thanks for that!

I would buy a couple dozen golf balls1 with the circle logo on them. Then I'd proceed to lose them all on some of the finer courses in Mid- and Northern Michigan. They would also need to have the factory website URL on them. Guerrilla marketing.

On a positive note, that Millie DC, bottom row second from left, is beautiful. It makes me miss the one I had and foolishly sold (to someone here...Mark?) years ago. WTF was I thinking?

1Off-Topic: I really like those Nike RZN Red golf balls. Too bad Nike is getting out of the golf business.

Do you see any correlation between Nike getting out of the golf business and Tiger Woods dropping out of the top 100....?

We need more NAMM pics, Guy!!!!!

:this_thread_is_useless_without_

:worthless:

Maybe some YouTube vidyas of monster players really wringing out the new models?

Do you see any correlation between Nike getting out of the golf business and Tiger Woods dropping out of the top 100....?

I don't really follow golf as I'm just a hack and play far more tennis than golf anyway. I know Nike Golf equipment sales have been steadily declining the last four or five years. Could be their big name wasn't a draw any longer. Could be their clubs were ugly as sin and nobody wanted them. I bought a new set of irons last fall; looked at a bunch of brands and tried a lot of sets. The Nike offerings were overpriced and fugly, IMO; ended up with Mizuno.

Sorry to pile on, but I hate the BIG H circle logo on the headstock. I LOVED it on the shirts from PSP, but not on the headstock. My preference would be bound headstocks with mop script "The Heritage" and maybe the circle H logo on the back of the headstock.

I like that idea.

There is a lot of talk about the price increase coming up. Jay Wolfe ordered additional guitars pre-increase in anticipation. Does anybody know what the increase is?

As far as the price increase eliminating me from future purchases. I find it better to buy used Heritages. A lot of people don't know what they have when they get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one thing about the brand (i'm shortening this for convo purposes....it looks like a cattle brand)

It'll be a quick dating mechanism. the first 30 or old smokestack, and the new blood, new smokestack.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but my understanding about the H headstock is that it is specific to some custom orders, specifically Millieniums. Let's not get our panties in a bunch that the sky is falling. Personally, I don't love it or hate it, but I do like that the new regime is experimenting with some new ideas.

It is my understanding that it is an option.

Circle logos are by far nothing new. Popular base of a logo.

https://www.google.com/search?q=popular+circle+logos&biw=1097&bih=543&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjb2e3HiNHRAhULyoMKHepzAj8Q_AUIBigB

post-194-0-05570900-1484927003_thumb.jpg

The Millennium serious is not the pro it is the h155 m now, so all the millennium's are h155m's... you can now purchase them without, with one, with two f holes, with traditional cutaway, Florentino cutaway or Double cut.

There are no other Millennium models, just variations to the H155M.

As a Millenium guy I believe they got these right with mahogany backs.

Pete Farmer hit a home run for the guys with the Purple one.

On a side note I think to grasp the concept of the H logo headstock you have to see it in person I was a little hesitant at first but I dig it after seeing at hands on and from 20 feet away.

After all it's all about exposing the product and it does catch her eye!

It's so cool that they offer some new features, etc.. The release of the H-157W was a great start. And although I'm not ready to have the H logo on every Heritage, it's a very cool looking option as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to see other well thought out and professional options come out of this old plant, while still offering all of the classic designs also.

High quality crafted instruments with cool custom features available ... a new golden age for Parsons Street.

The guitars in the pic look great, having said that:

- I think that the florentine cut on the H155 is way too flat. It needs a shorter radius to look good (think the H140 first series). At the same time and very generally speaking, I am not a big fan of venetians cut away either. The DC should have an option for double Florentine

- I really would never order one with a single f-hole. Either two or none.

- The H logo does not bother me, but I prefer the standard one

It's so cool that they offer some new features, etc.. The release of the H-157W was a great start. And although I'm not ready to have the H logo on every Heritage, it's a very cool looking option as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love to see other well thought out and professional options come out of this old plant, while still offering all of the classic designs also.

High quality crafted instruments with cool custom features available ... a new golden age for Parsons Street.

What does the W stand for on the 157W Fred? Also, I see nothing wrong with the H, but maybe without the circle around it?

I like the look of that Pelham Blue model. I almost bought a PB Les Paul-type but got something else instead.

Not super keen on the "H", and I agree with t0aj15 about shortening the headstock a bit. I'd at least like to see a mock up of it.

What does the W stand for on the 157W Fred? Also, I see nothing wrong with the H, but maybe without the circle around it?

Western Maple

The Millennium serious is not the pro it is the h155 m now, so all the millennium's are h155m's... you can now purchase them without, with one, with two f holes, with traditional cutaway, Florentino cutaway or Double cut.

On a side note I think to grasp the concept of the H logo headstock you have to see it in person I was a little hesitant at first but I dig it after seeing at hands on and from 20 feet away.

After all it's all about exposing the product and it does catch her eye!\

They need s trailing C on there ;p

Add my name to the list of dissenting views regarding the circle H logo. Here is where I'm coming from...

Heritage Guitar Inc. doesn't have the same name brand recognition as Gibson.

Heritage wants to compete against Gibson so the new owners of Heritage are going to have to work hard to build the Heritage Guitar Inc. name brand recognition.

So their strategy to build greater name brand recognition in competition against Gibson is to remove their name from the headstock and just put a big letter H on there so that only those with inside knowledge of the brand will know it is a Heritage guitar.

Even if it only an "option" it's still STUPID in the strongest sense of the word and Gibson would never do something THAT dumb.

There is a lot of talk about the price increase coming up. Jay Wolfe ordered additional guitars pre-increase in anticipation. Does anybody know what the increase is?

As far as the price increase eliminating me from future purchases. I find it better to buy used Heritages. A lot of people don't know what they have when they get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've noticed used prices on Heritages have gone up too. Or at least people are asking nearly 40% more for them then what we saw a few years ago. Not very many to find under $1,000.

My 535 may be my first and only new Heritage. With the price increases in the used market, might be my last too.

I too am a fan of the Mahogany Backed Millies. I do notice a difference.

I will have to be more careful before I let a millie go though..... Thanks for the pics guy

After all it's all about exposing the product and it does catch her eye!

I've noticed used prices on Heritages have gone up too. Or at least people are asking nearly 40% more for them then what we saw a few years ago. Not very many to find under $1,000.

My 535 may be my first and only new Heritage. With the price increases in the used market, might be my last too.

I believe the price of stuff new has something to do with the price of that same stuff on the used market.

Isn't it safe to assume that all used high end Mercedes sport cars cost more than all used high end Ford Mustangs?

Archived