Heritage Owners Club

A Big Thanks To Gitfiddler!

schundog

I had a package waiting for me when I got home from work today. In another thread, I had mentioned that I would like to change up the pickguard on one of my 535s, and Tim offered one up, free of charge. As he put it, he was just paying it forward, as Will had sent it to HIM some time ago. I need to either put some felt washers between the middle of the guard and the guitar, or get the bracket like I have on my 335, but I think it looks pretty good! Check out the fading that occurred under the old pickguard! (this is a 1989 model).

I shouldn't be surprised at the continuous generosity and kindness we as a group continue to display, but in a world that is "all about me," it always puts a smile on my face when one of us takes care of one of our own. Time for me to pay it forward, as well! As an unexpected bit of "swag," Tim was kind enough to include a CD of his lovely wife's work, which he produced; how cool is THAT?! Thanks again, Tim.

Before:

B77D4E47-ADF3-4AB4-A62C-80F7497B951A_zps

Quite a bit of fading over the last 28 years!

7DBC134B-46BD-48A8-99E1-290AE9793EC8_zps

After..

EA8FC101-834D-439B-9A47-F7AA46B98EFA_zps

I had forgotten, Tim's wife was a background vocalist on one of Stevie Wonder's hits!

59DF99F7-CD2F-4350-A402-E8E3ECC043DD_zps

You are very welcome, Brian. Glad it worked out for your beautiful 535.

Oh...Mary was on several recordings on three of Stevie's albums. "As" sold the most.

That is incredible to know! Growing up in Motown, Stevie was always one of my faves. Never had a chance to meet him, but loved all of his music. Songs in the key of life is still one of my fave albums!

You are very welcome, Brian. Glad it worked out for your beautiful 535.

Oh...Mary was on several recordings on three of Stevie's albums. "As" sold the most.

so does this mean that we're all 4 degrees removed from Stevie!!!????

Excellent!

I like the cosmetic. I'd go black on mine but I want it to be the Heritage Batwing.

I'm going to be the cantankerous old grouch and say NO! I like the lines of the stock Heritage guard. That big droopy black one just draws attention to itself, like that zit on your forehead when you were 16.

Why would you hide all that lovely wood under there?

But nobody asked my opinion, so carry on! :)

I'm going to be the cantankerous old grouch and say NO! I like the lines of the stock Heritage guard. That big droopy black one just draws attention to itself, like that zit on your forehead when you were 16.

Why would you hide all that lovely wood under there?

But nobody asked my opinion, so carry on! :)

Well Rich, you still have that zit on your forehead from when you were 15, but nobody harasses you about it!

Nice 535 Brian. Maybe just the black rings..mine is kinda like yours. It came from Wolfe's like this. Looks ok with the gold knobs. I did add a cream colored switch tip.

The Heritage pointy shaped guards have grown on me though. I'd keep yours so you can switch things up from time to time. Would love a Heritage wood guard for my Sunsetburst H150. Currently has a Gibson shaped cream plastic guard.

020.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

UPDATE: Well, I finally got around to getting the pickup rings, switch tip, and black speed knobs put on, but now I hit another snag; How to attach the pickguard to the guitar? I ordered a pickguard bracket, but didn't really pay attention to the fact that the pickguard, like my 335, doesn't have a hole in the top to put a small bolt through to tighten on the other side with a nut. I had never thought about how my 335 guard is atached, and took a picture. It has a hard rubber piece glued to the back of the pickguard, with a bolt from the bracket screwed into the rubber piece. I can't seem to find this type of bracket on Muscian's Friend. Anyone know where I can get the bracket and the rubber piece?

93958D1D-9214-4123-82DB-2453A38E7428_zps

95A4BBAB-B4A0-46FD-8D26-695B03D66F57_zps

The underside of my ES-335 pickguard.

7A63618E-E6A5-4A48-B197-C4499FB545CE_zps

Dude, you need to vacuum!

:laughing4::laughing4: Hey man, I've had the guitar for 10 years, and, while I try to maintain fairly polished/cleaned guitars, I don't look under the pickguard too often; Sue me! haha.

Archived