Heritage Owners Club

CUSTOM CORE 535 ANNOUNCED

brentrocks

Not knocking the CC’s but the more models they introduce, the more I am happy that I have acquired a nice arsenal of the standard models over the years, all purchased at a fraction of the cost of a CC!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gtwibs said:

Ooooh those 530s look great. Big fan of the small blocks.

I like Chevy small blocks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skydog52 said:

All of the new Custom Cores are on the website now.

Custom Shop | Heritage Guitars

That website is finally looking really good!   Remember the website from the old days?

So the cat's out of the bag!   

I remember Pete saying that there would be CC versions of the 535 and 530.   He didn't go into detail about what specifically would be different.   Of course he also told us to keep it quiet until they announced.

The blocks are great.   It's one appointment that I would want on my 535.  I wonder, are they are plastic or MOP?   I can live without the bound headstock, as I like the CC headstock, and the inlay looks classy.  

Now all it needs is the classic maple pickguard.    I understand that one reason that they moved away from the wood is that the finish on the wood gets worn off just like the guitar would do without the guard.  However, I like that touch.  It looks cool, and there are no worries about static buildup in dry weather!

• Like 1

I dig both of the new updated versions.  Great to see Heritage taking these great guitars up-market.  I hope they sell like hotcakes and the company continues to increase market share.

Like other long-time Heritage fans, I'm glad I scored these and other models back when they were less expensive...even after adding custom upgrades.  ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Gitfiddler said:

Like other long-time Heritage fans, I'm glad I scored these and other models back when they were less expensive...even after adding custom upgrades.  ?

Bloody well right Tim!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ElNumero said:

That website is finally looking really good!   Remember the website from the old days?

I like the old websites nostalgically. Plus, they had more models available. For those of us that knew

the old company and guard we are lucky!

Heritage Guitar Inc., of Kalamazoo (archive.org)

Heritage Guitar Inc (archive.org)

Edited by skydog52
  • Like 2

Yeah I'm bemoaning the lack of nice wooden pickguards too. Along with the MOP inlays, It was a real touch of class that elevated Heritage above the Plastic Oh No Brand...

Edited by bolero
typo
  • Like 1

Wow those custom H-530s look incredible. I also really dig the new all black H530 option.

My 2021 Sunburst H530 is the finest guitar I've ever played. I really hope Heritage's high end stuff continues to grow in popularity and they flourish, as long as the quality of their instruments stay at this level, because I'd eventually like to own more of their instruments. But it will take a long time for me to save up for another one! :)

• Like 1

Just like I said about the Custom core 150's I think the Heritage is upping there game. I like that I have two of the old guard H150s, but I had to do a lot of to them to get them where I wanted. And Kuz fixed my H535 P90 guitar with everything I would have (thanks Kuz), befoe I bought it from him

fret work (clean up file marks and level)

replace nut (or at least re-slot it)

new pickups (I'm not a fan of any humbucker they offered other than Throbak)

change bridge and tailpiece (I never got the heavy Schaller tails or Nashville bridges)

The new custom cores are closer in spec to what I like, but I wish they would use a proper abr instead of the cheap one they went with. I see they have gone with a different set of tuners which also seemed to be a  mis-step with the CCs. But I LOVE the new headstock, the pickups sound nice, and I finishes look great (not the relic's, I'm not a fan of that, but for people who are they look pretty good).

And I like the blocks on the the new H530 and H535 they look great!

• Like 1