Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Overseas

skydog52

Basic marketing move. Looks like they're targeting the Asian market.

All the big names have entry level guitars hoping those customers will move up to higher end models.

• Like 1

I will say only two things on this topic:

1) I've played some imported, Asian guitars that were head and shoulders above some American-made guitars in quality and consistency

2) I like that they have the 12th fret dots a normal distance apart. For some reason, from the 80s up until present day, a lot of Asian guitars have wide-spaced 12th fret inlays and that's always bothered me.

OK, three things:

3) An H-137 should *not* have a bolt on neck. WTF.

27 minutes ago, Administrator said:

OK, three things:

3) An H-137 should *not* have a bolt on neck. WTF.

🤣

I do wish they would put something like "Ascent" on the headstock, the way PRS use SE, Ibanez uses Gio, and G&L uses Tribute.    They could do it on the truss rod cover if they didn't want to print on the headstock, but it would at least identify it as the Asian built version.  

I'm really surprised at the pricing.   The Singapore dollar is currently 0.75 of the US dollar, so $300 SD is $225 is USD.   That's in the range of the beginner Squire Fenders, much below the Classic Vibe models.  It's 1/3 the cost of the lowest PRS SE.    It's the same price range as the Ibanez Gio range.

Now the question will be how well made they actually are.  

Ouch.... not to offend anyone.. but i think Heritage guitars should stick on to Setneck.... but probably being a setneck it requires alot more work... but it turns Heritage guitars which is already branded grand and traditional.... it just perturbs me in this.. i mean its just sacrilegious to have bolted on LP junior ? Lol 

Any singaporean here?

Edited by hopkinwfg

1 hour ago, big bob said:

Are you positive that these are actually Heritage/bandlab products and not just ripoffs ?

Meng owns Vista which owns Swee Lee and many more including Heritage.

Vista Musical Instruments

In a way,   I would rather Meng have revived the Teisco guitars for the lower end and maintained the Heritage as the higher end.   It would be more of a play like Gibson/Epiphone than PRS/ PRSse.    However,   Teisco was never considered a high end guitar that I remember.   They were almost like Valco, they made guitars for both their brand and numerous distributers, much like Guyatone.   

It will be interesting, with the import and US Heritages on the low and high, and the Harmony guitars in between.    I wonder if there are plans to being the Chinese builds to the US, or to keep them in the Asian market.

Edited by TalismanRich

Someone buy one and tell the rest of about it.

I recognize that a bolt-on neck on a LP is a sin.  OTOH, I have several good guitars made by Chuck Thornton and G&L with the same type neck without an issue at all.

The choice of woods, hardware and weight relief are also concerns.  For me, it is shocking but too soon to judge.

I'm waiting for the Ascent Super Eagle.

Sad to see this. I guess there's the thought of "PRS has been doing this awhile now." And that's true. I just wish they would put something on the headstock that shows there's a difference. Gibson has Epiphone, etc, and (at least as of now) has never put out a full on Gibson guitar that says only Gibson on the headstock but is made overseas. But, when the investors number one priority is making profit for the 1,000 companies they own, I guess nothing surprises me. It's just sad because so many have the thought of "what's the problem? It's business. If you don't want one, don't buy one." That's true, but it's just one more kick in the face to anyone that takes pride in American made products and manufacturing. Heritage never had a model with only the Heritage name on that was made overseas. Until now.....

• Like 1

It is unnatural for any corporation to not seek to increase their revenue. Resting on their laurels, never an option. I /we should be happy 225 Parsons is still building great instruments. Affordable 137 and 150s to new players who might wish to trade up to a Kalamazoo, that's a good thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is sad to see.   I wish they would have developed a “value priced”  brand like other companies have done (Epiphone, Squier, LTD, etc.).   The guitars look like cheap Asian bolt on neck, poly monstrosities, and it sucks to see the Heritage name on the headstock.   Say what you want about Gibson, they never whored out their main brand.   At least they aren’t dumb enough to do it today.   

Coming up with a unique brand name can be tricky.  Maybe they could just put a W in front and swap the E for a O.   Whore-atage would be more appropriate for this venture.   Hope the guys contact me for future brand suggestions.  I’ll work for free. 

• Like 1