Heritage Owners Club

Throwback Thursday my oldest D…serial no.

This is my oldest one. D….serial no.

Share your oldest Heritage. 

IMG_0345.jpeg

• Like 3

My entry for Throwback Thursday (Friday) is my very first Heritage.  It was love at first sight and still takes my breath away when I open her case. 

This 31 year old 1993 Golden Eagle has aged nicely and sounds better each year.

image.thumb.png.ef23a969c74c29192dacbddf06851505.png

• Like 5

Venerable and Stalwart Heritage Owners,

Am straggling in with my contribution: a "C", 1986 Golden Eagle, the 38th they made. Bought it about a year ago from Dan Keller, of Kansas. It's not in mint condition, having a few minor dings and I'm thinking there's a slight twist to the neck that needs a luthier's TLC, but overall in wonderful condition given it's age. X-braced. It has a handwound Kent Armstrong floating humbucker. The neck is a bit thick for my hand, and am struggling with whether to sell, as it's the nicest guitar I'll ever own. I found where this guitar had been posted on Reverb five years ago, but have no other knowledge of it's provenance.

Dan said that he owns the first Kalamazoo Award, and that the Golden Eagle was meant to be Heritage's take on that.

I'm 70, and have been playing since 10. Got as far as a garage band playing an SG Special through a Marshall stack in the early 70s. But got off drugs, and sold that gear before college and raising a family. For many years just banged on a Seagull acoustic and howled at the moon to folk and the cowboy songs that Dad used to sing us to sleep by. Around 2016 decided to take guitar playing more seriously. Took jazz lessons and purchased a 575. Wanted something with better acoustical sound, and meandered a bit before lucking into this Golden. Have since bought a 1999 Eagle Custom, my fave with a neck that makes my fretting hand smile more than the Golden's. Even with my geezer's hearing, the Golden sounds better, though. You might see this Golden posted for sale here sometime this year, after my luthier works whatever magic it needs.

Well, thank you for all your contributions to this site. Your collective wisdom has educated and guided me. I believe this is my first time posting to the HoC, though I joined 6-7 years ago prior to purchasing the 575.

Best,

Latham

1986 Golden Eagle number 38.jpg

1986 Golden headstock back.jpg

• Like 6

These were all my K'zoo guitars at the time the picture was taken (I've added a few more over the years).  The h550 was my first Heritage, and I think the oldest. spacer.png

• Like 2

1991 574

file too large to post pic

Edited by ElNumero

Keep them coming. So far B......... vintage is the oldest. I'm wondering if there is an A............. out there? 

Prototype maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my H140 with an F seriel number. 

image.thumb.jpeg.deb35d7235db269b5880dac61d171145.jpeg

• Like 2

And here is my all time favorite guitar.... my H170 with a C serial number. It's not my go to guitar, but my favorite. I got this one and the afore H140cm at the same time back when nobody really cared about Heritage guitars except maybe you folks. There were in a mom and pop store. I traded a Greco Les Paul copy (which was actually pretty cool....) and $400 for both of them. Both sound great but there is something about the H170....feel and sound. I did take out the Schallers and put in some Dimarzio PAFs, probably anniversay series or something. Maye the 140 has Seth Lover's....I can't remember nor do I care as they both sound so great.

image.thumb.jpeg.970dd8a7d91d4f3652610a668bb619a3.jpeg

• Like 4