Heritage Owners Club

New Archtop Day- Black Eagle

MartyGrass

Arrived safe and sound. Excellent condition Golden Eagle with no cutaway.

The neck is medium and oh, so fine. It seems to be a little louder with more depth (bass) acoustically than my Johnny Smith, which has similar dimension but a cutaway. However this has round wound strings too.

I appreciate that the jack is on the side.

Here's the pics.

p1010005.jpg?t=1304637879

P1010015.jpg?t=1304638001

P1010012.jpg?t=1304638048

P1010007.jpg?t=1304638101

It reminds me of a certain H157.

heritage005-1.jpg?t=1304638276

Wow! That is a beauty!! Congratulations.

OK, with that incredible guitar..... you need to pawn that Johnny Smith off to me!!!! :icon_biggrin:

Great snag my friend!!!

MG,

I noticed you politely declined my "pawning the Johnny Smith" to me.... Oh, well a man can only try!!!!!

I still have an abnormal attachment to the JS. As a kid my guitar teacher had one and he wouldn't let me play it. The truth is I was probably too scared to touch it, fearing I'd ding it or worse.

Enjoy your new Archtop, Mark; I for one am feeling both blessed and cursed at the same time; Blessed that I don't have GAS for these types of expensive instruments, as I don't really play jazz, and cursed that that lack of GAS keeps me from OWNING one or more of these incredible works of art! Play in Good Health, man.

Enjoy your new Archtop, Mark; I for one am feeling both blessed and cursed at the same time; Blessed that I don't have GAS for these types of expensive instruments, as I don't really play jazz, and cursed that that lack of GAS keeps me from OWNING one or more of these incredible works of art! Play in Good Health, man.

The guitars I enjoy playing the most are the ones I'm least afraid of dinging.

Archived