Heritage Owners Club

Heavy Metal Heritage evening!

brentrocks

Alex Skolnick and TESTAMENT were in Grand Rapids last night. Vince Margol, Chris Gates and I went up to the Orbit Room last night to check out the show and meet up with Alex.

When we arrived at the venue we got our tickets and Vince went onto the bus to find out what Alex's schedule for the night was. Vince came back out with Alex's 2005 OSB H 150 with the toggle bashed in!!! Vince was taking it back to the shop for repairs.

Shortly after, Alex came out and greeted us by the tour bus. I had my VSB AS H 150 in tow, and preceeded to bust it out. Alex told me it reminded me of his #1 H150. We took a few pics with it and then Alex had to go get ready for the show. I asked Alex if i could get some live shots of him with his Heritages....he said he didnt have a problem with it, but he couldnt get me a photo pass. So i figured i would just wing it.

Its about time for TESTAMENT to go on so i head twards the pit. The security guy stops me and says what are you doing in here? I told him i was taking pictures for Heritage guitars and Alex Skolnick. He told me without a photo pass, i could not shoot the band, and he kicked me out of the pit! So I go around to Alex's side of the stage and fight my way through the crowd to try to get some decent live shots. My ears were bleeding after 5 songs! I had takan nearly 400 shots, so I figured i had at least a few good ones.

After TESTAMENT was done with their set, Vince, Chris and I had a couple beers....and shortly after that Alex came out to the bar area where we all chatted for quite a while. We talked about his FX, Amps, etc. He is working with BUDDA right now on a signature series amplifier...he said they are in the testing stages....100w head.

What a friendly guy! He was a joy to talk to!

IMG_9619.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9699.jpg

IMG_9769.jpg

IMG_9850.jpg

IMG_9982.jpg

IMG_9996.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

Nice Work BrentRocks! Beautiful photos AND you got the guitar signed.

Don't worry about your ears, they will grow back.

Guest HRB853370

He reminds me of Yanni. Brent you should have kicked the shit out of that security guard and marched onward. Apparently he did not know who Brent Henderson is!

Just from the reading I've done, he sure seems like an all-around down-to-earth great guy!

Glad you had so much fun. I'm just wondering how you manage to get into a venue like that with a guitar and somehow keep it from getting banged up or stolen.

Archived