Heritage Owners Club

The "Unofficial" RhoadsScholar signature H157

RhoadsScholar

Okay, it's not really a signature model, but I got a custom poker chip, added gold knob pointers and black speed knobs. Got this from the good doctor. Lightest 157 I have had , non chambered at a little over 9 lbs., fatter than normal neck profile (but not a 50's profile neck),in a cool Vintage Sunburst finish

9dea5e53-43c8-4752-bb19-9a3a4b63daa6_zps470cbc22.jpg

What Brent said...! Congrats! Man, it's posts such as this -- and they are numerous -- that are testimony to unique nature of the pieces that come out of Parsons Street. The pile of stunning wood, just on the HOC alone, is remarkable.

Skydog, with this set up, I make sure all the knobs are on 10 with the knob pointers, I put the switch on Rhoads, turn the volume down to zero, and just use the switch as a Kill Switch (aka Randy Rhoads/ Tom Morello). That Rhythm / Treble Stuff just confused me and I could never dial it in as a kill switch. With the poker chip, now I am all set. It's weird but when I move the tone knobs, it changes the sound of the guitar. I wish I had some of those 1985 Heritage knobs like my old h170 had because those knobs went up to 11... I am sure there is a sweet spot between 10 and 11.

All kidding aside though, I had to go through several iterations of setting this thing up to get it just right. At the end of the day though, Tim at Music Castle in Royal Oak dialed it in for me. He is a good guy if you are in the Detroit Area (tell him Bob sent you).

Love the appointments of the H157. Saw Jim McCartey's Mystery Train last night (going to be posting some cool videos shortly) and he makes a Les Paul Custom Sing. Glad to have an H157 in the house. Love the appointments Heritage does. Time to go play it and give it some justice to the fine craftsmanship it has. This guitar blows away many of the G*s Custom Shop guitars at the local guitar center at 1/3 to 1/4 the price to boot. Gotta Love a Heritage :icon_sunny::icon_sunny: :icon_sunny:

Is the Rhoads position for rhythm playing and the Scholar position for lead guitar?

:icon_scratch:

Yep,

You know what, going through this exercise helped me figure out why Heritage DOES NOT put poker chips on their H150/H157s

1. Heritage owners are smarter than G****N owners because they bought Heritage Guitars

2. Because we are smarter, we know that up is for the Rhythm Pickup and Down is for the Lead Pickup.

This is my new theory as to why Heritage does not use a poker chip. I'll need to validate it at HOC.

Archived