Heritage Owners Club

The Official H-153 1/2 Build Thread

DavesNotHere

I thought I'd start a build thread for my new H-15x. It's not quite a 150 and it's not quite a 157. I'm not sure what Marv will put on the label. I'm also not sure what the official color will be named. Marv and I went back and forth on the finish just like we did on my 357 :) It wasn't until the 357 was finished that he christened it Korina Orange. (aka Dave's PIA Korina Orange) This one may just wind up being "Dave's PIA Brockburst but a Little Lighter and Just a Bit More Orange Than Brown"

Anyway, I took the shots of the raw blanks, and thanks to the crew at Heritage and Skydog52 for getting me the in process shots.

DSCF4328_zps73a164e2.jpg

DSCF4331_zps9b20f0e1.jpg

DSCF4334_zps34848e5b.jpg

20130925_104535_zpse3149173.jpg

1 piece top AND back??? You Dog. I've always wondered about that; you beat me to it.

Now I see why you go to Green Oak Guitars. What fun to see it go together. Congrats!

Wow, is that ever maturing into a fine looking gal. I especially like her backside. Her neck is beautiful. Apologize for assuming the gender.

Thanks for the nice words guys. I'm hoping it will be finished in time to be under my Christmas tree :icon_santa:

I'm not sayin' what color the straws are, but I will say that I had them custom hand blown (is that even a thing?) by the Trappist monks of The Abbaye Notre Dame De Scourmont. They are famously known for their skill in brewing beer and fine custom plastics.

Archived