Heritage Owners Club

The joy of unboxing - H157 'black beauty'

Frank67

Hi folks,

on thursday the FedEx man brought a nice package .... so I just wanted to share with you the joy of unboxing another beauty from kalamazoo.

Here is the package:

IMG_2537_zps95220de7.jpg

... and see what is lurking out:

IMG_2539_zpsd3e37374.jpg

... now it is already glowing in the case:

IMG_2540_zps1ab3678f.jpg

... and see how pretty it is:

IMG_2544_zps5e19a33a.jpg

... jumping out:

IMG_2546_zps34d01b21.jpg

... soo sweet:

IMG_2550_zps19c05e64.jpg

IMG_2552_zpsdbbf6958.jpg

Welcome to the family:

IMG_2565_zps0931bfa7.jpg

It is essentially a standard H157 with Seth Lovers except for the split block inlays and the "Jimmy Page" wiring that allows for split coil, out of phase and parallel sounds. It sounds incredibly sweet ... but more of that later.

Have a nice day everybody!

Cheers,

Frank

... forgot to say - it's a lightweight model. I was a bit scared of the "brick around the neck" effect (I had some H150s in my hands that I wouldn't have been able to get along with because of their weight). I haven't measured this one yet, but it is definitely not a heavy guitar .... and it is hard to imagine that it lacks any tone - the sounds are so fat and smooth and it sustains for "days" ... I really feel that this was the right decision.

Sweet! Love the inlays on that one. 157s' can get pretty hefty, my 157LE comes in at 9.8lbs, which is getting to be too heavy for me given the nerve problems I've developed in my neck. :(

I've got a 157 with the Page wiring and it's a winner... but yours takes it to the next level..

The inlays are perfect on that one, a subtle classic upgrade on an elegant instrument.

And to have a weight reduced one.... THAT'S a sweet Heritage. Congrats on that well spec'd instrument.

... forgot to say - it's a lightweight model. I was a bit scared of the "brick around the neck" effect (I had some H150s in my hands that I wouldn't have been able to get along with because of their weight). I haven't measured this one yet, but it is definitely not a heavy guitar .... and it is hard to imagine that it lacks any tone - the sounds are so fat and smooth and it sustains for "days" ... I really feel that this was the right decision.

Congratulations, Frank. That 157 is stunning!!

Looks like the perfect addition to your beautiful family. That's about all the bases covered in maybe the finest way. What's the weight of the 157 ? Have fun.

Many thanks to everybody for the frindly comments!

I also really like the split blocks on this guitar. My main reason for choosing them were simply that the other two I had also had split blocks and I really liked them. I would have been ok with trapeze though (for the golden eagle and the H555 thos was different as I neither liked the cloud on the GE nor the diamonds on the H555).

I am also positively surprised by how nice the Seth Lovers sound. I had my share of boutique PAFs but I must day that the Seth's are second to none I have tried. They are sweet in the top end end, meaty in the mids and defined and tight enough in the low end. Really, there is nothing not to like about these pickups. (The Stormy mondays in the H555 are also great, but I don't think that the Seths would have sounded any worse - and the Seth in the GE also sounds gorgeous). They also seem to split well.

I weighed the H157 this morning and it comes in at 3.7 kg which equals 8.1 pounds if I m not mistaken (and I am using heavy strings :-)). This is a really comfortable weight and I don't foresee any issues.

It is such a great instrument. I'll try to record a few sounds when there is some time later this week.

Archived