Heritage Owners Club

Heritage moving production..

FredZepp

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Washbrook,

Best of luck with your health challenges. Beating cancer can be a fight, but its worth doing. Hopefully they caught it early.

Then, when you finally get a chance to visit the states, put Parsons Street on your agenda. The factory is really a cool place to visit. Its a bit like when I visited Liverpool. Yeah, the Cavern Club wasn't exactly same building as it was when the Beatles played there in the 60s, but that didn't matter. It was the birthplace of so much music history. Walking down Mathew Street and taking in the ambience was worth the time spent. Someday, I hope to get back to visit some more of the country (I never made it close to London).

Hi guys.... thank you for the response and your kind thoughts and good wishes, to be honest, I wasnt exactly expecting that, it was quite touching, thank you.

I don't say much on the forum but I do read an awful lot of the topics as they're quite interesting as I love guitars and the technology and workmnship, I have too many to count but only the two Heritage ones of which I am quite attached to :)

I was closely following the PSP thread and looking at the videos and pictures as I would have loved to see the place for myself. I appreciate and agree with he comments regarding the refurbishing plans so it looks like I need to start a bucket list as I would still like to try and make 225 Parsons Street an objective some time in the future, all being well. I would also have to do it along with HOC guys for one of the PSP visits as I wouldnt know where to start or what to do arranging a solo trip like that from the UK. I am not very well travelled at all and I think that was also a stumbling block for me when I looked at what could be involved in making a trip to Heritage as I would also have loved to fit in the Gibson factory and see Nashville too if I ever made the one off trip of a lifetime to the USA.

Lol.... suppose I would like to see Fender as well while I was over there, but that would be a bit too ambitious and too costly travelling around unknown territory 'totally lost and alone' in a completely different world to what I am used to, hehe, scares me a bit too much at what would be involved... hehe, Kalamazoo would have been a big enough challenge for me on its own so Im going to stop dreaming now, and just keep looking at the youtube videos for now.

Take care all.... cheers

Dave

My condolences Dave, I'm sorry for your loss. You'll find a nice bunch here, they even put up with me. If you do ever get here, and want to see the Jersey Shore look me up.

BTY, I feel the same way about those old Heritages from that dusty old shop. Good luck.

Pete

Hi Pete.... thanks for the reply and your 'tour' offer, and what a lovely gesture. lol Im off to get google maps out now to see where Jersey Shore is. Unfortunately All these wonderful names and places in the states are only magical dreams for me.... but you just never know.... one day it may just happen, Kalamazoo, Nashville, California hehe and now Jersey Shore :)

its certainly seems to be a friendly forum with some very nice, helpful members going by what I have read in the various posts I have read. I am currently waiting my two inlayed truss rod covers coming from (Custom Inlay) that I ordered a couple of weeks ago now for my 555 and 575. I found the source for these in a topic on the forum and they were highly recommended so I checked it out and ended up ordering a couple. As I say, its a good forum with a wealth of good information and advise by people who don't mind sharing or helping out and that is a good quality to have these days.

Take care

Dave

Hi Dave,

The Jersey Shore is actually the coast of New Jersey. Just a short hop skip and a jump across the pond ^_^ .I'm close to Asbury Park which has some background in music history and just about one hour south of New York City.

Pete

Great video. I think the old building was opened in June of 1917? - I wonder if they'll be having a centennial celebration of any kind this summer. In any event I'm very glad they're getting things upgraded and renovated. The finished product should be wonderful.

Hi Pete.... thanks for the reply and your 'tour' offer, and what a lovely gesture. lol Im off to get google maps out now to see where Jersey Shore is. Unfortunately All these wonderful names and places in the states are only magical dreams for me.... but you just never know.... one day it may just happen, Kalamazoo, Nashville, California hehe and now Jersey Shore :)

its certainly seems to be a friendly forum with some very nice, helpful members going by what I have read in the various posts I have read. I am currently waiting my two inlayed truss rod covers coming from (Custom Inlay) that I ordered a couple of weeks ago now for my 555 and 575. I found the source for these in a topic on the forum and they were highly recommended so I checked it out and ended up ordering a couple. As I say, its a good forum with a wealth of good information and advise by people who don't mind sharing or helping out and that is a good quality to have these days.

Take care

Dave

But if you really want to branch out of your comfort zone Washbook, come down to the Florida Gulf Coast and Tampa, you will find pristine beaches and blue waters, as well as lots of sunshine, warm temps and of course, humidity!

How cool is that. They have their own water slide.

-a9949d36ba453d72.JPG

Now that is some SERIOUS duct work!

The other day, I had breakfast with my boss, and afterwards, we drove down the street to see the progress on the new building we will be moving into in February. The heating and cooling guys were working in there when we walked in, with "Back In Black" blasting from their boom box. Jim laughed, and said, "Nothing beats a little AC/DC while installing HVAC..." I thought that was pretty funny.....

AAC0EF94-A14C-45FC-85DB-2FD065065B62_zps

A815269B-F791-4FA2-8429-64E262DAD7A8_zps

Archived