Heritage Owners Club

HOLY QUILT BATMAN!

brentrocks

I took a chance on a 1998 H 150 DLX on ebay and it paid off! It came via UPS today. It is in near mint condition (except for a cracked neck pup ring...lol) When i opened the case i was blown away by this rolling, swirling, lofty quilt maple top. And was equally pleased to see a 1 piece back. I bought it from the original owner, he must not have played it much...no buckle rash, no fret wear, no dents...just light pick marks and polish swirls....i was lucky to find an honest seller.

I put a fresh set of 10s on it and fired it up. It does have 59ers in it, and typicaly i'm not fond of them, but they are a good match for this beefy, tight mahogany grained, mass of tone! I think i might leave them.

The rosewood has some nice straking to it, and the neck is a nice med. C. The OHSC and standerd paperwork was included.

PICS:

Without flash...

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

With Flash...

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

And a family pic for s**ts & giggles...(the p-90 H 150 is at Pete's for a fret level)

IMG_6501.jpg

That is a wild top. Cool guitar.

I'm not sure what I think about the pickguard, doesn't quite match to my eye. I'd maybe take it off and fill the hole, show all of that top!

I like the '59's for classic rock and they are flexible for different types. Not as open as Seths or something like that , but I like the tone.

Even though it's hard to see, I believe that this will have a "gut cut"... as a Deluxe.

I like it, nice looking mahogany also.

Brent, I'm coming over the MI in the next day or so. Man I'd like to see that collection up close..

hit me up on FB or call me if you are around w/any time!

chico

I took a chance on a 1998 H 150 DLX on ebay and it paid off! It came via UPS today. It is in near mint condition (except for a cracked neck pup ring...lol) When i opened the case i was blown away by this rolling, swirling, lofty quilt maple top. And was equally pleased to see a 1 piece back. I bought it from the original owner, he must not have played it much...no buckle rash, no fret wear, no dents...just light pick marks and polish swirls....i was lucky to find an honest seller.

I put a fresh set of 10s on it and fired it up. It does have 59ers in it, and typicaly i'm not fond of them, but they are a good match for this beefy, tight mahogany grained, mass of tone! I think i might leave them.

The rosewood has some nice straking to it, and the neck is a nice med. C. The OHSC and standerd paperwork was included.

PICS:

IMG_6501.jpg

Didn't anybody ever tell you that you can only play one at a time? :biggrin_mini:

The collection is looking good! You definitely are finding the unique ones.

Guest HRB853370

:this_thread_is_useless_without_

PICS:

Without flash...

IMG_6497.jpg

IMG_6496.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6487.jpg

IMG_6490.jpg

With Flash...

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6488.jpg

And a family pic for s**ts & giggles...(the p-90 H 150 is at Pete's for a fret level)

IMG_6501.jpg

Clownburst!! Yer kellection is growin!

Thanks for all the kind words everybody!

I found some parts tonight to try a transformation...i thnk it looks a lot better??? I would rather have had a Heritage P/g, but this is the only one i had.

IMG_6503.jpg

IMG_6505.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

Much better with the cream colored plastic. I guess the truss rod cover is next? Beautiful guitar. I hope you don't take offense, but, I would change out the Schaller TP and bridge. Tone pros locking ABR1 and TP. But, that's just me.

IMG_6505.jpg

Brent, that guitar is definately a looker!

I have to say that I do like the new pickguard better, but I would use no guard at all to show that great top.

Once again congrats to an astonishing guitar!

Guido

Archived