Heritage Owners Club

Don't usually do this but HNLEHGD to me (but not without issue)!

davesultra

Happy New Limited Edition Heritage Guitar Day!

1st off, sorry for the bad pictures. It's very warm & humid so I wasn't going outside. Perhaps I'll take some more on a better day.

#12 arrived today! And while I was most excited it wasn't without a minor issue. It has a high fret on the bass end of the 11th fret. Setup is pretty nice, as is the action. Not sure how to handle the high fret issue. It's my 1st time dealing with Chicago Music Exchange. It was shipped from Chi-town to The "D", so not sure if climate changes can/could be a consideration. I'll deal with the fret issue in a day or two.

On to the guitar,

9.8lbs on my digital luggage scale (which has always been pretty darn accurate). Haven't measured the neck, but it feels like most all of the 2010 and up 157s' I've played (big but not huge I'll say a D shape). Bridge P-90 absolutely screams, and is quite bright. The staple P90, as advertised is very smooth and bell-like. It's my 1st go around with the staple PU. Sounds beautiful through my Two-Rock Studio 22, and the little CUBE 40GX. Didn't get much time to mess with it today, so I don't have a lot more to tell. Really hope I can get this high fret thing taken care of without too much aggravation, we'll see.

Again, the pics. suck.

I think this is the one of the only black guitars I have liked. I generally prefer transparent finishes but I can totally envision this guitar in 30 years after having been played heavily! I can see the mojo now! Great snag, instant classic you have there. And the staple pickup looks just awesome!!!!

Wow, Way To GO, Dave! Those things are just flat-out Bad-Ass!! It really wasn't fair to you, though; The boys in Kzoo just HAPPENED to have them out for display at PSP; I'm sure they knew a few of 'em would end up in the hands of the HOC if they did that!

Enjoy it; What a true piece of American culture and history.

Living with #1... Well, actually. The cats from Thro-Bak have mine. They wanted to check it out. There is talk about swapping the bridge PU :iamwithstupid: ... Good score. HELL, I bought one!!! #1 but still. Congrats!!!! pretty f*****g cool

Chartreuse with envy, here, Dave! That piece really looks the business! Man, would I love to spank one of those through my really good 5E3 clone, or my souped up Deluxe reissue. Had I not just done a build, I'd have lined up for one of those. Congratulations!

Dropped the 157 off with my tech today. Needs a fret leveling, which sucks as I expected better from a guitar in this price range. However, CME is reimbursing me for the costs incurred. In the end, all should be well, as I did get a good price on this. And after the tech work, it should be good to go.

A good set up guy is golden. I had a love-hate thing going with my Sweet 16 most of the years I was gigging with it. I'd raise the bridge to get clean vibes and then get frustrated with the action and lower it again and put up with it until I couldn't stand that anymore and cycle again. I had it set up once during that time but it didn't quite get it really. Then I was turned on to the guy I use now and holy crap, it's amazing now. Now each new guitar gets a trip to him level frets or not.

A good set up guy is golden. I had a love-hate thing going with my Sweet 16 most of the years I was gigging with it. I'd raise the bridge to get clean vibes and then get frustrated with the action and lower it again and put up with it until I couldn't stand that anymore and cycle again. I had it set up once during that time but it didn't quite get it really. Then I was turned on to the guy I use now and holy crap, it's amazing now. Now each new guitar gets a trip to him level frets or not.

That's pretty much how I feel too. I was really disappointed with the fret issue, but I remember others had posted with the opinion that, the fret jobs and set ups from "H" were many times not up to par. This by the way is my first ever "new" Heritage guitar. The guy I take my guitars to these days' name is Scott, and he has a shop/co. called SMK Guitarworks. He's a builder/tech and does some phenomenal work, so I know it's in good hands. He did the fret job on the Kirn tele that I sold Lyle at this past PSP, and I received some good feedback regarding that set up job.

Archived