Heritage Owners Club

Show us your Millie

koula901

Richard, what a treasure! The passion that went both into your specs, and their execution by the masters, make this one irreplaceable instrument. It is simply drop dead gorgeous.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

One thing I never understood was the placement of the toggle. I like the Les Paul layout, that is a bit Gretsch-like.

on the lower horn? Gretsch models typically have them in the same place as a Les Paul. They do, however, often have a master volume down there.

My old Guild X-500 has the switch in the lower horn like this. The Gibson L5 and Super 400 also have the toggle down there. Super common.

I'm not a switch flipper and my picking hand movements are slight so it doesn't bug me. If I was, I could totally see wanting it up where LPs place them like my Gretsch and H575.

Fun side note, the Guild also has a master volume right next to the toggle. So that horn as a lot in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I never understood was the placement of the toggle. I like the Les Paul layout, that is a bit Gretsch-like.

As soon as I got used to it I prefer the PUP switch to be on the lower horn..

I wonder if anyone has ever made a Millie DC cut out of mahogany with a mahogany neck and Maple cap... I'm kicking around that idea..

• 2 weeks later...

So I have gone through a few Millies (and a few heritage guitars for that matter). I have noticed that I prefer the Millie Standard Ultra with mahogany vs a 155 which is all maple. I know it must be a subtle difference, but I guess that is why they make so many flavors. I also prefer the no f-holes on the 155 so my Milly standard ultra without the F holes (pictured above) is kinda the best of both worlds. I also prefer potted pickups (SD 59s, HRWs to Seth Lovers) but that is probably because we do louder classic rock/blues. I can still achieve nice jazz tones from the neck pickup and crank it when I need to. Something else to consider when configuring your millie build

My old Millie's long gone, but definitely, not forgotten. What a great guitar!

gallery_8_136_387960.jpg

gallery_8_136_347096.jpg

I remember this one very well!

Archived