Heritage Owners Club

Show us your Millie

koula901

Hi folks,

Sometimes I go out to hear a local band, and this guy plays his Gibson ES 339 and I'm always coveting that guitar. After a consult with Barry Clark we determined that the Millie is the closest Heritage version that I'm going to get. The G brand doesn't make a 339 in lefty anyway. So, go ahead, make my day, show me your Millie. I'm thinking about having one made.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go.

2001, Antique Sunburst. The first really good guitar I ever owned. Sold it once, later regained my senses and bought it back.

Feel free to ignore the orange thing in the picture; it's not around any more.

And I would have thought a Prospect closer to a 339 than a Millie.

SuhrHeritage004.jpg

Here you go.

2001, Antique Sunburst. The first really good guitar I ever owned. Sold it once, later regained my senses and bought it back.

Feel free to ignore the orange thing in the picture; it's not around any more.

SuhrHeritage004.jpg

That's real nice! I think the Mille is closer because it has a center block and the Prospect doesn't (if memory serves).

Love pulling this beauty out of the case:

481BFCA4-6AD7-4F40-AB14-A7EEADE1404D_zps

42F01B1E-FE2F-47D5-8827-0CDFD2D8110F_zps

619D9EFE-7EE8-4C26-B571-3A5BE71D6B1A_zps

Whoa...

Just, whoa.

Stunning guitar @bsck1.

Any double cut Millies out there?

Here is a pic of Kenny's from PSP 2 at 225 Parsons. ;^)

img_0820_std.jpg

What a lovely guitar. However, what REALLY caught my eye was the Steinway.......You are my hero, Brian; I salute you......

What caught my eye was what a nice guy Brian and his brother are.

This.

I wouldn't argue that a DC Millie with f holes may cosmetically appear closer to a 339, there's no question a Prospect is a more similar guitar in a literal sense.

Bot the 339 and the Prospect, (the latter in it's default form) share the same construction as a 335/535/355/555. Thin bodied boxes from laminate top/bottom and solid rim with a separate piece of wood as a center block down the middle. They can be made hollow without the center block (a custom Prospect or a 530), Polo has a hollow prospect if I'm not mistaken.

The Millie is a truly unique product, matching nothing in the G lineup to my knowledge. The Sides and center block are a single milled piece of wood with a top and bottom glued to them. A millie is more similar to a weight relieved 150/Lester than to a 339 IMHO.

This pic shows the 339/Prospect construction. They'd be the same but for overall dimensions. add a neck, a top and a bottom and you have your guitar.

P1130203.jpg

this pic show the equivalent for the Millie. Add a neck a top and a bottom and you have a guitar

imagesqtbnANd9GcSJbfkrohCWB2GyvQoBgjqTac

So from that standpoint...I think the Prospect matches the 339, in that it's a true downsized semi. The Millie is a different animal altogether.

This.

I wouldn't argue that a DC Millie with f holes may cosmetically appear closer to a 339, there's no question a Prospect is a more similar guitar in a literal sense.

Bot the 339 and the Prospect, (the latter in it's default form) share the same construction as a 335/535/355/555. Thin bodied boxes from laminate top/bottom and solid rim with a separate piece of wood as a center block down the middle. They can be made hollow without the center block (a custom Prospect or a 530), Polo has a hollow prospect if I'm not mistaken.

The Millie is a truly unique product, matching nothing in the G lineup to my knowledge. The Sides and center block are a single milled piece of wood with a top and bottom glued to them. A millie is more similar to a weight relieved 150/Lester than to a 339 IMHO.

This pic shows the 339/Prospect construction. They'd be the same but for overall dimensions. add a neck, a top and a bottom and you have your guitar.

P1130203.jpg

this pic show the equivalent for the Millie. Add a neck a top and a bottom and you have a guitar

imagesqtbnANd9GcSJbfkrohCWB2GyvQoBgjqTac

So from that standpoint...I think the Prospect matches the 339, in that it's a true downsized semi. The Millie is a different animal altogether.

I agree completely. I have both a standard Prospect (floating block) and a Millie. Due to the difference in how they are constructed, the Prospect has substantially more "hollow resonance" than the Millie. Some people refer to the Millie not as a semi-hollow, but as a semi-solid. If you want that 339 sound, go for the Prospect. Having said that, I probably play my Millie more often because of the smaller body size.I like the sound of the Prospect more, though. What I would really like is a Millie size guitar, but built like a Prospect or 535. I already asked, and they said no . . .

I agree completely. I have both a standard Prospect (floating block) and a Millie. Due to the difference in how they are constructed, the Prospect has substantially more "hollow resonance" than the Millie. Some people refer to the Millie not as a semi-hollow, but as a semi-solid. If you want that 339 sound, go for the Prospect. Having said that, I probably play my Millie more often because of the smaller body size.I like the sound of the Prospect more, though. What I would really like is a Millie size guitar, but built like a Prospect or 535. I already asked, and they said no . . .

Thanks Kidsmoke and goSteelers. Like you, what I'd really like is the sound of the Prospect in a Millie or 339-sized guitar. I thought the Prospect had a floating block - I guess I was confusing the floating block with the center block. What IS a center block? Anybody got a picture of it?

the pic of the semi's from the plant above show the CENTER BLOCK,

My understanding....feel free to correct me people... is that the floating block is similar to the center but there is space between it and the bottom or back of the guitar. whereas the center block will be glued to the top and bottom(aka back)

Archived