Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage inlay logo

Vanschoyck

Jay Wolfe has a nice pic of what looks to be a new inlay design for the Heritage logo on a Sweet 16.

p6_uadjfacez_so%201_zpskoqvf2lm.jpg

Compare to the old one

H%20575%20head_zpsu9aspefo.jpg

I like the new one, but it also makes the old one look special. Opinions?

I noticed the change in logo with the T loops into the H. It suits me just fine. Much better than the circle H logo in my book.

Logos evolve over time. Fender and Gibson have done it several times.

Fender-logo-styles2.jpg

Which reminds me of the nomenclature of the "spaghetti" Fender logo of yore.... I like the newer Heritage logo, as well, Rich and David. The new one is more al dente than the older Heritage logo...which is not to say the new one's not well done....

Which reminds me of the nomenclature of the "spaghetti" Fender logo of yore.... I like the newer Heritage logo, as well, Rich and David. The new one is more al dente than the older Heritage logo...which is not to say the new one's not well done....

I kept waiting for someone to say something about this. Your humor is subtle sir.

So our older Heritages with original logos have just appreciated even more so!

True about the tone.

-And everyone knows the denser properties of Mother of Pearl inlay resonates longer than the silk screen logo.

- And don't even get me started how the binding on the bound headstocks actually squashes the fundamental resonate frequency leading to tone suckage...

- And don't even get me started how the binding on the bound headstocks actually squashes the fundamental resonate frequency leading to tone suckage...

- I must contradict that statement- I believe the binding contributes to a bit of compression which adds to the sustain and even balance of tone across all the strings...

8BB1CE6F-144E-4943-8B56-D6F52113B540_zps

- I must contradict that statement- I believe the binding contributes to a bit of compression which adds to the sustain and even balance of tone across all the strings...

8BB1CE6F-144E-4943-8B56-D6F52113B540_zps

yeah but you have the offset logo so not so much a hard squash as a gentle and sweetening compression.

Thats the way I imagine it so anyway.

Its on the internet now. It could actually become a fact in a few years.

An internet fact, whats that worth now compared to pre internet facts? Did we used to have better facts?

For the record, and to be on topic mainly, I dont have an opinion about the new logo.

That is to say, its change and Im uneasy about it but I dont want to seem like I care.

yeah but you have the offset logo so not so much a hard squash as a gentle and sweetening compression.

Thats the way I imagine it so anyway.

Its on the internet now. It could actually become a fact in a few years.

An internet fact, whats that worth now compared to pre internet facts? Did we used to have better facts?

For the record, and to be on topic mainly, I dont have an opinion about the new logo.

That is to say, its change and Im uneasy about it but I dont want to seem like I care.

Well, Abraham Lincoln did say you can only trust about 50% of what you read on the internet. Or so I read.

Archived