Heritage Owners Club

24 Hours into my first Heritage archtop

Spectrum13

post-408-0-62420800-1339101224_thumb.jpg

post-408-0-23943200-1339101286_thumb.jpg

Custom 575

Spruce / Mahogany Very light antique natural top multi-bound

Bone nut 1 11/16

Five piece maple neck rosewood split blocks 25.5 scale multi-bound - fat 59 cheeky

Cupids Bow

RS Pots - Caps - Wires Switchcraft switches

Golden Eagle Headstock multi-bound Art Deco Grovers

Throbak SLE 101 MXV

Think it needs different pickup rings.

First impression much like my D'Angelico 16 inch excel

Second impression nothing like my D'Angelico

Third impression sounds ^&*^% great. The control pickup combination provides just an incredible range of tones very L5 Wes like. Incredible considering this is far from broken in.

Wanted a comfortable 16 body that had the deep powerful tone of an 18" or at least 17" spruce maple classic. Most smaller spruce / maple boxes under 17 inches are kind of too bright. Figured the hog back and sides, rosewood boards would be sweeter while the longer scale and maple neck would keep a sharp bottom. Thanks Steiner for the prototype! Thanks Marv, Vince and Jim for building this beauty and Ren for his advice, build photos and perfect setup.

BTW - Truss rod adjusting wrench was included.

Guest HRB853370

Dan, upload those to Photobucket and post some real life photos here of that beauty! As lovely as they are, my eyes were squinting at those tiny photos!

Ah! There she is! I was reloading your NGD thread this morning, wondering if you forgot about us.

Albeit a tad overdue; Very Happy NGD!

Was she worth the wait?

post-408-0-18655100-1339112807_thumb.jpg

Dan, upload those to Photobucket and post some real life photos here of that beauty! As lovely as they are, my eyes were squinting at those tiny photos!

Will, I got a new camera yesterday and I'm learning the software. Worst of all the skitters are eating me alive. Did not get a good shot of the Headstock. Tim, the bridge is kind of weird in that its an inch above the top with lots of elevation (post showing) above the split base but the b string ridge is real far back and currently with the B intonated all the other strings are sharp. So this will be changed most likely after I put some Ti flat 12s. I know Kuz spends a bit of time working out the bridges.

Let me attempt a couple more shots.

post-408-0-19005000-1339113337_thumb.jpg

Archived