Heritage Owners Club

Organ on guitar

fxdx99

Not talking about the strap extended out...

Picked one of these up to use at the gig tonight (Tony/Rosa/me and a new sax guy). Should be fun comping with some cool sax and harmonies going on. Have you seen this? Pretty realistic sounds.

I honestly don't know if I would ever use it (especially since we have a keyboard player) but after listening to the clip I want one. If nothing else than to tick off the keyboard player!!!!

But seriously it does sound great!!!

Well, this was a risky click but well worth it. That's a nifty little unit you have there, Randy. Hope we get to see it at PSP!

Wait, that came out all wrong, didn't it. :blush:

What I mean is, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are waiting with baited breath to watch you fiddle the knob and squeeze out...no, this is going badly. Let me start again...if anyone knows how to handle an orga...you know what, I'm done...

:icon_jokercolor:

Seriously, that's pretty cool. Had never heard of it before, but I can see where it would be fun to play with...dammit. Forget it.

Smile - fun post to wake up to, John :) Thankfully wasn't sipping coffee from the cup while reading from Dick's sippy-cup.

Gig use feedback - the thing is surprisingly accurate soundwise. Was a small room, intimate setting where every note and nuance heard so I used it sparingly having only enough time at home to turn it on, ensure it works, find a couple settings and adjust volume to fit balance. Certainly turned a few heads or gave puzzled looks from folks when a 'B3' was comping on the first tune I used it on.

Used the 525 thru a PRRI. Any pickup setting seems to work fine with it, tho 'hotter is better'. A guitars natural voicing doesn't come thru much. Likes '3 note' chord voicings, especially on the D/G/B strings. Chords 'bloom' like an organ when you hold them down. Found switching to 'organ' on certain passages like a chorus was effective. RB kinda stuff shown (especially with new sax player Steve, who can really blow).

Fun toy. Have some tunes to use it on for work event that expect it will sit well on (Yes, Floyd, Trucks stuff). Will see how it fares for the long run - if novelty or 'real world' use.

tonyrosamemarkjuly2014_zps0f5bba6a.jpg

Bending isn't very organ like. I don't really care for the sound of it with bending but it might appeal to some. Need to (IMHO) think play like an organist with 2 or 3 note comps/fills/solos, arpeggios, etc.

Organ on guitar?! PFFT.... Guitar on Organ is where it's at, brutha.....

101_2005_zps67f29424.jpg

Just kidding. That thing sounds great in the demo. Obviously good for lead lines and select chord tones; I'd think it would be mush if you were just a strummer like me. I'd like to hear you play through it, buddy.

Organ on guitar?! PFFT.... Guitar on Organ is where it's at, brutha.....

101_2005_zps67f29424.jpg

LOL! I'll see your Guitar on Organ and raise you a White Punk on Dope...

Not sure if it'll be with at PSP, Lyle... maybe. Flying and wanna bring a guit, too.

Well, this was a risky click but well worth it. That's a nifty little unit you have there, Randy. Hope we get to see it at PSP!

Wait, that came out all wrong, didn't it. :blush:

What I mean is, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we are waiting with baited breath to watch you fiddle the knob and squeeze out...no, this is going badly. Let me start again...if anyone knows how to handle an orga...you know what, I'm done...

:icon_jokercolor:

Seriously, that's pretty cool. Had never heard of it before, but I can see where it would be fun to play with...dammit. Forget it.

:laughing4::laughing4::laughing4::laughing7:

I have an Earthquaker Devices Organizer and it is really cool, kind of the same thing, organ octave and qhoir sounds,don't use it much though. EH makes really cool stuff, always wanted a POG.

Ok, I'm the skunk in the room. But after playing organ trio gigs the last six months (albeit with a Nord and not a real B3), I thought the pedal sounded terrible. Maybe it was his playing, and I realize you're not trying to be JimmySmith, but I didn't hear any of the sonic depth or overtones you hear in a great B3 type sound. Sorry, just my opinion.

Ok, I'm the skunk in the room. But after playing organ trio gigs the last six months (albeit with a Nord and not a real B3), I thought the pedal sounded terrible. Maybe it was his playing, and I realize you're not trying to be JimmySmith, but I didn't hear any of the sonic depth or overtones you hear in a great B3 type sound. Sorry, just my opinion.

+1 Make that a pair of skunks!

Archived