Heritage Owners Club

NGD Heritage Millennium Eagle 2000 No. 1

bsck1

Well, it's been several weeks, and I still can't believe it. #1 Millennium Eagle 2000 now resides at my house.

42F01B1E-FE2F-47D5-8827-0CDFD2D8110F_zps

Looking back at the calendar, it was last September when I sent a deposit to MartyGrass for the fabulous instrument. I was sure I'd be arranging to get it within weeks, but life had different plans.

What began as "a pain in the neck" progressed to necessary surgery in late Feb. The recuperation would keep me from any driving until May, and significant distances were definitely out of the questions. In the interim I took full advantage of the Dr. Mark's friendly payment plan.

Finally after much begging and whining I got the spousal OK to make the trek to Kalamazoo in mid June.

On a Wednesday evening I finally met with MartyGrass, who you all know is a fine, fine gentleman. We visited for a long time talking of all things music. Transaction completed, I headed back to the hotel in awe to oogle at my prize.

3EA9EBA8-26DA-45D5-A42C-75FF398C7199_zps

Thursday morning I made my way to the 10:00 appt. with Pete Moreno. Pete looked over the Millennium Eagle, asked where the strap button was (in the accessory drawer), slipped on a felt washer and started to install it. He stopped and said, "Those leather strap locks leave little swirls around the screw, do you want be to buff them out?" Off to his buffing stations he went, making the subtle marks disappear.

9B980BFA-25F9-45C8-91CC-F63B40FEF087_zps

I headed to the factory for the 1:00 tour and visited with Bill, Marv, Ren and Pete Farmer. I felt like a kid in a candy store.

Snapped this treasured photo.

976E0C02-DCCB-4A65-92A0-5F39A5B1A0C2_zps

I brought my copy of Victor's photo book in hopes of a few more signatures but everyone was so engaged I didn't dare bother anyone. I'll give it another try at PSP VII.

Home, a wee bit sore, I arrived to "Ok, let's see this thing you just had to drive 600 miles to get."

481BFCA4-6AD7-4F40-AB14-A7EEADE1404D_zps

She said "Yes, it's is beautiful."

My final touch was a new TRC.

619D9EFE-7EE8-4C26-B571-3A5BE71D6B1A_zps

I'm a lucky guy.

P.S. Yes, No. 1 will be coming with me to PSP VII.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments.

Sharing the experience with friends makes it that much sweeter.

The piano is my wife's domain. I do polish it occasionally and can pound out a mean "chopsticks" with the grandsons.

Archived